[optacon-l] Re: negative instructors

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:55:02 -0500

How fine is that?

DOG - Depend on God,

Carolyn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mallard" <mallard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 5:28 PM
Subject: [optacon-l] Re: negative instructors

Hello Mary and Carolyn,
Yes... I couldn't have worked as a translator if I hadn't had my Optacon.

I had an excellent teacher, who was enthusiastic and excited about the
Optacon and the motivation I showed during the course.
I got on the course late, because it should have been only for the
teachers at the Milan Institute for the blind, but one of them gave up
on Thursday morning, so they were in need of someone motivated enough to
finish the course in five days.
I was working as a secretary at the time, and when my boss heard that
the opportunity had come up to start training, he put me in his car and
took me to the Institute, and said I could have all the tiem off I
needed to train.
It was a small company, and I had an excellent relationship with the two
managers, so it was a real blessing.

That particular course served to train the instructors at the Institute
here in Milan. The first Italian instructors were in Genoa, and two of
the mcame to train ours.
The Genoa people were great, but it was the people here who made the big
mistake of discouraging trainees.

Whata pity!
Ciao,
Ollie