[optacon-l] Vision synthesis

  • From: Bill English <english.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon-I <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 22:11:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I cannot begin to thank all involved, when I asked assistance.  My team and I
will incorporate this month, and financing will follow.  The Optacon
piezoelectric components sources I sought for using in my 'Sense Organs
Synthesizer' prototypes are now found, I'm confident they will work
exceptionally well for building a linear tactile array.

We will interface the arrays with vOICe ( seeingwithsound.com ), with Dr. Peter
Meijer's permission.  He gave us good ideas on how it might be done, probably
will exactly as he said.  His system is linear delivery via audio, mine is
nearly identical but via tactile array.  So nearly identical, we use his audio
output to a tuned filter array adjusted manually (the test model), and attach a
linear tactile array.

It's sad that after so many years vOICe has been around, no one has tried a
tactile array with it, instead of the audio delivery system.  vOICe paints a
'sound scape' of the views.  I deliver a tactile 'sweep' of the view.  You get
'braille' sweep of real time views, with many linear arrayed tactors.  I am
amazed, it has not been done this way yet.

Why?  No one developed linear arrays for us.  We will develop our own, and soon
will be able to test the SOS Device 'concept'.  Dr. Peter Meijer is tops in my
book, for allowing us to use vOICe to speed up R&D.  I will keep you all posted
per our progress.  Please pray that we come up with automated means to mass
produce linear tactile arrays, cheaply.

All My Best To You,

Bill English