[optacon-l] Re: Unmeasurable Value of the Optacon

  • From: JBliss Judy <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:43:23 -0800

Dear Gail,

You've accomplished quite a bit, and it's wonderful to hear what people went on
to do because of the Optacon.

Our Telesensory training courses were quite intensive, and I'm glad that you
were able to take a longer training course to get an excellent start. I don't
remember Margaret's name, but then I've forgetton so much....  I did various
training sessions in Detroit, but most of them were on Telesensory's computer
products, like our early LapVert laptop, the Navigator, Vert, etc.

You mentioned reading braille music with the Optacon...was it a dual print
where braille and print symbols were interlinear? When I was in Australia at a
conference, I saw some amazing things being done with the Navigator (and later
the Powerbraille) in braille music notation.

Good to hear from you.

Judy Adams