[optacon-l] The Optacon, the Windows Safe Mode and The Monitor

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 01:40:37 +0300

Hi list,

You probably wonder what these things mentioned on the Subject line have
in common, but last week there was a situation where this very computer
started in Windows safe mode, where screen readers etc. cannot be used.
The reason for this isn't relevant in this context at all, but without
my Optacon I wouldn't have been able to find out that the machine had
started in that special mode!

Referring to the visibility of text that is shown on the computer screen
I still haven't got an opportunity to let someone see of the entire text
really is shown on the screen or not, but I'll return to that issue when
possible.

Now it looks like the two first characters were hidden behind the left
edge of the monitor, but I haven't made any adjustment of the monitor.
And if there would be something strange with the monitor, those sighted
people who have used this machine occasionally would probably have told
me about this, wouldn't they?

PS. Sending a copy to a friend with whom I've discussed the monitor
issue last week after the safe mode case. He may be willing to read or
not. (Smile)

--
Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx