[optacon-l] Re: Testing

  • From: MikeD <donegan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Philip Hall" <p.hall.eml1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:37:00 -0400

Hi All

I watched the TED talk and the images seemed to show a resolution about
1/10 of an inch
or the same as Braille dots.

The text part was not reading (a la Optacon) but the text was scanned
and converted to Braille text.

The image/picture had very little definition, similar to an outline
drawing of the image.

I went to Wikipedia and read up on shape shifting metals
and the response rate was about a second to bend and possibly 5 seconds
to unbend.

This unit does NOT have the resolution or response that Optacon users
expect.

There was no technical info given, just some pictures with verbal
description.
It looks interesting as a starting product,
but the Optacon is still 5 to 10 years ahead of it!

MikeD
'A sighted Wizard'