[optacon-l] Tactile vs. tactual (was: An article about the Optacon)

  • From: Marie-Aline Oliver <maoliver@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:38:45 -0400

Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a word nerd. I found a couple of web
accessibility articles that make a difference between "tactile" and
"tactual". Some would even say that "tactual" is a synonym for "haptic".

• tactile is defined as "capable of, allows for being touched"
• tactual is defined as "arising from or due to touch"

http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/CSS/tactile_braille_and_haptic
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Jan/0285.html

MAO