[optacon-l] Session with the Optacon

  • From: "Eileen Misrahi" <eileenmis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 14:41:02 -0800

Hello List,

I would like some clarification of what I should feel under my finger. I
place the threshold at 9:00 and then back it off. When I turn up the
intensity to about 12:00, all of the pins are there. When I try to find a
letter in any of the size prints, I only get the same (no change of the
array pins disappearing to form the letter. I am also moving the zoom when I
think I am scanning or looking for the smallest size between 8-12, but
either I feel all the pins or missing pins in the middle. I just thought I
would describe what I am feeling to see if I am on the right track or need
more explanation of how to find the print under my finger. Any assistance
would be great, along with suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks.

Eileen