[optacon-l] Re: Reading Positions

  • From: "Carrie Green" <midorikeri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Optacon List" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:37:55 -0600

Dear List,
I enjoy reading about all these suggestions on positioning for the optacon for
best contact for the index finger. I read my Optacon with my right hand, as I
am left-handed. So my camera is in my left hand, and my middle, ring and little
fingers are on the top of the Optacon above the control knobs, and my index
finger is on the array. Sometimes when my finger gets tired, I'll use my middle
finger to read, and then my index finger can just rest beside the middle finger
which is on the array. I seem to have full contact in either of these positions
with my index and middle fingers, and it works fairly well for me. Probably it
would be better if there was one available for left hand camera users, but as
I've never seen this, I just make due.

Carrie