[optacon-l] Re: Optacon Repairer Dave Godfrey

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon Users <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 23:03:46 +0200

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012, Fran wrote:

> Thank you Anne, I had lost his details and was about to ask the list!

I was quite sure that somebody of the Brittish members of this list would share
Dave's contact details here. Otherwise I could also  have done that, because my
Optacon was repaired by Dave last summer, as you probably remember me telling
in my very first post on this list.

And I have been â and I am still â more than thankfull to Dave Godfrey and to
his Finnish colleague Rabbe SaxÃn for this; when Rabbe couldn't get rid of some
"ghost lines or columns" that my Optacon showed, he sent my device to England,
and it also got a new battery, which would probably not have been the case
without that fault. Rabbe had made a battery by-pass earlier  when the power
didn't go through the old battery anymore, and I was quite satisfied with the
Optacon working connected to the power supply. But when there was an
opportunity to change the battery, it would have been both silly and strange to
leave it unchanged, wouldn't it?

--
Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx