RE: Looking for Optacon training Materials

  • From: "Paul Rozario" <pekak62@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:40:15 +1100

Hi Bruce

Where in Australia aare you? Might you by any chance be in Melbourne? Cate still has all her manuals (I think). She hasn't looked at these in 20 years (since we been married).

Paul Rozario
Melbourne
Australia

----Original Message Follows---- From: Bruce Maguire <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Looking for Optacon training Materials Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:35:49 +1100

Greetings Everyone

I'm a new list member but an old Optacon user (I've been using it
almost every day for 30 years), and it's hard to imagine life without
it. As the result of some recent damage to a nerve in my neck, I've
lost a fair bit of sensation in my left index finger, which I've
always used to read with the Optacon. I'm trying to train some of my
other fingers (my left third finger and my right index finger in
particular) to interpret the Optacon images. When I purchased the
Optacon 30 years ago, it came with a book of graduated reading
materials. From memory, it was in a 2- or 3-ring plastic binder. Over
the years I've lost this, and I'm wondering if anyone still has a copy
that they'd be prepared to lend, sell or give me. I'm in Australia,
and I'd be happy to pay any shipping/postage costs.

Tia
Bruce

Tell your friends about the list. They can subscribe by sending a message to:

optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the message subject.

optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the message subject.