[optacon-l] Re: Hi from a new subscriber.

  • From: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:42:30 -0700

Hi Laurel,
Glad to have you in the group, and how fortunate you are to have been using an
Optacon since childhood!
I'll bet you can't imagine life without it. So many people these days devalue
the Optacon thinking that
scanners can do it all, but there are, as you can surmize, a few of us left who
really use and
appreciate our Optacons, recognizing that there are certain things you can read
with an Optacon in a
tactile way that scanning just doesn't permit. Look forward to seeing more of
your posts!

Linda Gehres
Alameda, California