[optacon-l] Re: Fw: [blind-side] Fw: Accessible World Presents Tek Talk, "Seeing with Your Tongue", August 24, 2009

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 03:09:38 -0500

Naw, it's been developing for some time.  And it is being used in a
different but similar form by Navy Seals and UDT teams working in murky
water.  One person who worked on it's development (his first
military-related project spawned by 9/11 was Ray Kurzweil).  An Israeli team
started work on the first iteration of the device I'm familiar with, and I
have a friend who is very involved in funding blindness related projects who
invested in it.  I'm very excited about it's potential.

Nick