Re: Don't Thorw Away Those Dead Optacon II Batteries

  • From: "don bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 16:21:24 -0700

Catherine is quite correct here.  I have one of these batteries which Richard
rebuilt and it works fine.

Also, if you have an old navigator braille display, they use the same battery
as is used in the Optacon 2.

Don

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:45:26 -0400 (EDT), Catherine Thomas wrote:

Hi, Listers,
If anyone has any dead batteries from the Optacon II model, you can donate
them to one of the Optacon repairers so that the batteries can be rebuilt.
As I understand it from Richard Oehm of Oehm electronics, the portion of
the battery which dies can still be replaced but the unit which houses the
battery is not exactly available. So, as I said, if anyone has any of
these now rare and precious batteries, you can send them along to a
repairer or at the very least hang on to them for when your own Optacon II
needs repair.
If you require a better understanding of this issue, you can email Richard
Oehm at:
oehmelec@xxxxxxx
Thank you.
Catherine