[optacon-l] Cleaning and changing the batery

  • From: "Teresa Arroyo" <tarroyo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon lista enviar" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:01:57 -0400

Hello all,
First of all, I hope you all have had a hapy holiday.

I have been thinking of using the baciumcleaner that is used to clean the
computer keyboard to clean the optacon. Of course the outside, not inside,
circuits, etc. I was wondering if I could use this unit to clean the arey.
Would the bristles of the brush go in or get stuck with the pins. The optacon's
two arey is quite exposed, so I wondered if it could be a way to keep it
cleaner.

Some time ago, one of you rwote the steps to change the optacon's I. baterry. I
have done it once already, using the new systems of geting baterries apart and
joining them, but they never lasted to long and they are already down after
around two or three years. I live in Venezuela, so I have to do what I can do
to mantain my unit without sending it to USA. Apart from the difficulty of
chipment there is the cost. we also have problems with the conversion of
bolivares, our moeny, to UD$.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Teresa Arroyo