[optacon-l] Re: CRT Lens

  • From: "David Plumlee" <knobman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 05:59:42 -0500

Hello, Listers,

The CRT lens has a barrel-shaped body with a portion that makes the L-shape.
That smaller part has the fitting to which the Optacon's retina is attached.
There is a round slider that is the equivalent of the zoom adjustment on the
standard Optacon camera.  The barrel part also has a portion which can be
screwed in or out to change the length of the whole unit and thus affect the
size of the image on the array.  As I remember it, the instructions with the
lens said that one should adjust that length for a good display and set the
lock nut so that it stays put.

The CRT lens won't help on many of the modern LCD displays.  Parton the
joke, but the CRT lens is for a CRT display.