[optacon-l] Re: Building up reading endurance

  • From: "CH ARNOLD" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 18:34:04 -0400

Finger switching is tempting. When I got my Optacon, I got paper back
novels. I'd read some every night and did that for a couple of years. That
and with using it at work brought my proficiency up.

One time the salesman in our area came to my job and had the display screen.
The people at work were astounded, said they couldn't read as fast as the
letters were crossing the screen and didn't see how in the world I read
carbons (in the '70's).

We had a lot of foreign doctors, and one who was not said he figured with me
using Braille and the Optacon that I was working in two languages.

(GIFT) - God is forever true,

Carolyn