[optacon-l] Re: Batteryless Optacon

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:09:10 -0500

He modifies the power supply in the Optacon to work directly from the
supplied wallwart.  I didn't look at the voltage or current supplied from
the wallwart, but you can't use the regular power supply with this
modification.  The nice thing, if you are going to use an Optacon in a fixed
location, is that this will always give you a crisp read, at least if the
display is kept clean.