[optacon-l] Anyone seen this?

  • From: Mallard <mallard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:21:45 +0100

Hello list,

A few weeks ago, my husband came across this website:

http://www.tactustechnology.com/

As the technology looked interesting, and it made us think of a possible
application for a new Optacon-like device, Marco contacted them with a
few queries, including the possibility of further developing it to
reproduce printed characters.

I don't know whether I'm at liberty to share their reply here, as this
list is public, but it soulds as if they're aware of the Optacon, and
are planning to look into that possibility.

If anyone here thinks it's worth investigating further, you could
contact them and see what they say.
Ciao,
Ollie