[muglo] Re: welcome

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:37:38 -0500

On 31-Oct-06, at 10:00 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> Welcome to Micheal Brodrip from St Thomas, a "new  2006 17"  iMac
> user, very  interested in transfering  LPs and casettes to CDs."

Welcome!

Just got an interesting advert. Teac (I think or maybe Toshiba) have a
unit with a turntable that takes an LP and records it directly to a CD.
  No computer required!  I think it does tapes too.  Cost was about $500
I think.  Could be an option.

Other than that it's a turntable, an amp, lots of time and disk space
and something like Toast's Spin Doctor.  You could check the archives
from earlier this year, around May, when we had a SIG meeting at Tee's
house to discuss this as well as a number of posts here to Muglo
discussing this topic.  I'm sure others will jump right in.

Martin