[muglo] stop letting Rogers roger you

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:57:35 -0500

It’s been smooth sailing online ever since I deep-sixed the jolly Rogers.

After years of putting up with crappy Internet performance, supercilious
support reps and overbilling incidents that always necessitated going to the
brink of legal action before they backed down, I switched to Teksavvy (it’s
still Rogers’ network, but I no longer have to deal with ’em). On the very few
occasions when I’ve had technical questions the Chatham IT guys have been
terrific).

Same thing with TV cable. Ditched Rogers in favour of AppleTV and problems
disappeared (two episodes of one purchased show failed to show up and Apple had
it fixed before the quick phone call was done).

Same thing with the cellphone. I know Bell’s an even bigger behemoth than
Rogers, but its people seem to know what they’re doing, and none of the ones
I’ve encountered in the last six months seem to resent doing it.

Just saying . . .