[muglo] Re: shopping

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:00:32 -0400

On 28-Sep-05, at 11:37 AM, Hawk wrote:

> Excuse my naivety but it's been a long time since I shopped for a
> computer.
> I came across the iMac and was amazed. I thought at first it was just a
> monitor. There must be limitations. Are they gadgety or worth the
> money? jim

The new iMac is a good deal of computer, lovely screen etc, although
many don't like the Cinemascope style monitor. I like the iMacs that
Eric referred to as (Lamp shaped) & Mostly Digital have a couple in
that very well cared for. $1,000, but I'm sure you could get one for
$850. There was a loaded beaut on EhMac the other day for $800 which
went quickly.
The EMac is a very good deal, but they are bloody heavy!
TTFN,
TeeC