[muglo] Re: iPhone GPS

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:37:34 -0500

TomTom has a bracket with an external antenna that is suppose to improve
things.  I tried finding it but both Future Shop and Best Buy said they did not
believe it to be available in Canada yet.  I ended up buying a Garmin for my
wife and it definitely is a great unit, almost finds were you are instantly
were my 3 or 4 year old unit can take 30 seconds or so.  It also gets traffic
updates in major traffic corridors in North America and tries to steer you
around traffic jams.  When we came back from Florida we stopped in Detroit's
Mexican Village and then when it guided up back to I94 it took us through some
unsavoury streets, I was o.k. with it mid afternoon but at night it would have
worried me.

Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx