[muglo] Re: iMac

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 07:24:17 -0700 (PDT)

I wouldn't worry about it, Jim. Even a five-year-old Mac is capable of doing
more things than most people can even imagine ever wanting it to do. Unless you
plan on making feature films or something equally demanding, you've already got
all the computing power you're probably ever going to need. Sure, the latest
Maserati will do 345 km/h, as opposed to the last one, which topped out at 325
-- but either one is just conspicuous overconsumption on a highway posted at
100. Remember when you were committing journalism on a 24k portable the size of
a suitcase?
--- On Sat, 8/15/09, jim taylor <hawkink@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Paul. I wondered if those of us unfortunate enough to have
bought the last pre-intel machine would be up the creek. jim