[muglo] Re: disc emergency

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:17:24 -0400

On Sep 18, 2008, at 11:22 AM, doug rogers wrote:

> Teresa Roth has deleted files and emptied the trash and needs
> desperately to recover these. Help!  Call her at  519 434 4347.
> Anyone!

I recently had a similar experience.  On OS X once you trash the
trash its pretty much trashed, so to speak.  OS 9 was a bit more
forgiving.  Part of the problem is once you empty trash OS X starts
to reuse the freed HD data blocks from what I can gather based on  my
reading on the net.  There are some utilities available however
recovery is not so good even with those.

Martin