[muglo] Re: VPN on iPhone

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:34:59 -0500

The iPhone has VPN capabilities built in; it's just a matter of
configuring. 'Hotspot shield' provides an IP address, username and
password. In theory, you plug in the values and turn on the VPN. I did
this on my desktop and it works perfectly. On the iPhone, it just
won't connect to the network. I thought it might be a case of Rogers
blocking the connection, but it works on the desktop. Just had a
thought: wireless setting on the router?
On Jan 31, 2010, at 12:46 PM, doug rogers wrote:

> You need a fixed IP address. Obviously  on your local network, your
> Mac has an address the iPhone can find. Try DynDNS.com. I was
> successful with Mocha VNC while I was using the Linksys router at
> home, as I could find the configuration. Haven't figured out the
> configuration for my Airport.
> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Wayne Dobson