[muglo] Re: Trash folder in Finder

  • From: Paul Tucknott <paulvt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:03:57 -0400

Christopher,
Open Terminal in your home directory and type:

ln -s .Trash Trash

Quit terminal and open the Finder. In your home folder you will see
the new alias there - just drag the alias to the sidebar.
You will not be able to rename and you will still have to empty the
trash in the same way you used to.

Hope this helps!

Paul

[muglo] Re: Trash folder in Finder

From: "Christopher K. Tremblay" <fyabug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:32:32 -0400
On 1-Apr-07, at 3:10 PM, doug rogers wrote:

 > What I *think* you want though is a working trash can in a Finder
 > window... ?

Yes this is exactly what I want I had it that way at one time but I
have since lost the icon and don't remember how I got it there (all I
remember is creating a .trash folder)