[muglo] Re: Problem displaying new web page

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:05:52 -0400

Did you try going to the Develop menu in Safari and selecting the Empty Cache
menu option?

Dean Danis • 519-494-8639 • @deandanis • 90 Caprice Crescent, London, Ontario,
N5V 3M2

From: rmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 20:44:40 -0400
Subject: [muglo] Problem displaying new web page
To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi
Using MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.11 and Safari:
After amending 2 pages on the website rlmi.ca I find Safari continues to
display the former pages. I have confirmed with the host, webcentre.ca, that
nothing amiss with the 2 new pages and thus problem must be at my end!
I’m assuming that the offending pages must be cached somewhere on my MBP. I
launched Safari and clicked on “Empty Caches” but problem not solved. Getting
desperate I googled the problem and found something called How to Flush DNS
Cache in Mac OS X EI Capitan: 10.11, 10.10.4
The description includes " it accept DNS quires from local clients such as web
browsers (Safari, Google chrome)” which sounds relevant. To clear the DNS cache
one uses Terminal and enters "sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP
mDNSResponder” and then to reset the cache enter "sudo killall -HUP
mDNSResponder” into Terminal. Well that didn’t work either. Beats me.
Anyone out there who can tell me what I should be doing?
Appreciate any help or sympathy!
Bob