[muglo] Re: Netscape crashes

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 16:10:52 -0400

on 1/8/02 23:09, Alex at admeddemda@xxxxxx wrote:

> perhaps not the most helpful advice, but if I were you, I would use
> something other than netscrape for email. Why not try Eudora (there
> pro version is free if you dont mind a small ad window).

[Which is why I can't stand Eudora anymore... even the so-called "free"
Light version setting pops up a message saying, please register me each time
it gets opened (by accident nowadays since I don't use it)]

M$ Outlook Express 5.0.4 is free too, handles multiple e-mail accounts very
nicely (keeps 'em separate unlike Mail for OS X <grumble>) and is stable.

As for Netscrape, I would (a) recommend you upgrade to 4.79 at
<http://wp.netscape.com/download/0509102/10000-en-macppc-4.79-complete-128_q
ual.html>, and (b) upgrade your OS software to the latest version at
<http://www.info.apple.com/support/downloads.html> (9.2.2 or OS X 10.1.5 for
a G4)

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>