[muglo] LG 4163B and iBook G3

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:37:24 -0400

Well, I can report that the LG GSA 4163B internal burner with
external firewire case does work with my iBook G3 running 10.3.8.
I've only done two data burns, but they appeared to go swimmingly.

I also purchased Toast 6.  I realize I probably could have got along
just using 5 and the updates, but for various reasons I decided to
upgrade.  There is a $20 rebate offer til around December 05.

Initially, I was trying to figure out how to select different burners
in Toast.  The default was the internal burner, and I didn't realize
if I moved a lever in the bottom right hand corner of Toast 6, I
would see the external as well.  I installed Patchburn and then I
figured out about the bottom right hand corner option for the
burners.  So I don't know for sure if Patchburn helped identify the
LG or not.

I didn't install any of the software that came with the drive.  There
were two CDs--one that came with the internal and one with the
external case.  But it appears everything is fine so far.

Leith