[muglo] Re: Font

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:13:41 -0500

On 30/03/06, Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Theresa:
>
> On OS 8.6/9.2.2:  Go to the Apple Menu/Key Caps.  Press the control
> key and you will see where both these symbols are located.  In other
> words, you have to press the control key and the other key indicated
> in order to see these symbols.

Instead of control, try option.

> However, I tried cutting and pasting these symbols into Word, and
> just got some squares with lines under them.  Perhaps someone can
> help you further on this.

You need to be using the correct font. That's why you're seeing the
place holder characters.

FYI If you are using Word, you can simply use the Symbol command
(available under Insert).

In OS X (which most people are using... don't know if Theresa is yet)
you can use the Character Palette by selecting Special Characters from
the Finder's Edit menu.

From View, All Characters choose the Symbols list. From the Symbols
list, choose the Technical Symbols sub-list. From that list, choose
the relevant symbol and the "Font Variation section of the window will
tell you in what fonts you can find that particular symbol and what it
will look like.

Enjoy

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/