[muglo] FS: Dual P3 tower

  • From: Gordon B Nickerson <gnickers@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:59:12 -0500

I have to use windows for work but just ordered a dual P4 so i won't be needing
this...If you have to run windows occassionly this is a very nice system.
For Sale : HP e800 dual P3 Tower  $240obo

Two intel P3 cpu's running at 933Mhz (not overclocked)
1 gig of ECC SDRAM (upgradable to 2 gig)
3 x 9.1 uw fast scsi drives for 27gig of storage (2 are quantum atlas,1 is ibm)
64mb Nvidia Quadro 64 bit dual head video card (dual vga cable included)
Phillips CDRW, empty slot for 2nd optical drive (ie dual layer DVD burner)
Creative CT4810 sound card
2 x USB, 10/100 ethernet
2 x 64 bit pci channels and 5 x 32 bit pci channels
Dell keyboard and microsoft wheel mouse
Motherboard has 2 ultra fast ultra wide 68 pin scsi controllers and room and
connectors for another SCSI hard disk. Put in a 36 or 72gig drive on the second
controller and a gigabit ethernet adapter on the 2nd 64 bit pci controller for
real speed!
Machine is in absolutely mint condition - you could eat off the inside of the
case. Really good cooling design too and a nice sturdy metal case - unlike
those cheapo dell machines.

As a comparison to my MDD dual G4 867 the HP is much quicker. Click the start
button on the dock and the window appears within 0 'bounces'. Of course that is
not a true comparision as the MDD is running slower and is using IDE drives and
its nvideo video card is only a 32mb 32bit one. The only drawback is the HP
does not run OSX but XP.

See: http://www.davtech.com/html/davtech_middle_servers_hp_e800.htm

Can send pictures on request.

gord 679-1417