[muglo] EMOTICONS on the Mac ? Smile please !! :-)

  • From: Ilbert Walker <walker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:56:06 -0500

E mail has been a great boon to communication - but is also open to
misinterpretation, or potential offence, without a physical or visual
presence or body language to accurately reflect the sender's intended
meaning.

As an ex Brit, raised on a diet of tongue-in-cheek Goon/Pythonesque
humour, I find it necessary to garnish my E-mails with lot's of :-)
emoticons to more clearly convey my thoughts, and avoid giving
unintended offence.

Users of hotmail, iChat(?) and similar,  have access to the more
expressive (HTML based ?) visual graphics of yellow smilies etc.
versus  keyboard versions like  :0(   :-)  !!!!   I once contacted a
website provider of Emoticons to be told they aren't available for the
Mac Users

Does anyone know of any Mac version of these  Smiley Emoticons which
seem to be only available for  PCs ?

Then , as they say Down Under , I 'd have "no worries!" about folks
misconstruing my email messages !  :-)

Good on yer ! :-)

Cheers

Ilbert

And a final thought?
The more you know........the less you need !
Australian Aboriginal saying -