[muglo] Re: Duplicate emails

  • From: dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

I've been using Safari ever since it first appeared, and it's never produced a
duplicate, although I think that occasionally an e-mail I've already read in
Safari may have shown up long afterward as unread in Mail.  I only ever use
the latter when some website contact link pops it up. Otherwise I've never seen
the advantage of it. Ditto with Firefox, except when I needed some sort of text
prettification, and now that Safari supports that too, the fox has been retired
to its lair.  I'm currently on Safari 4.0.2, which includes the latest
security patch, and it works like a charm. That suggests to me that the
duplication problem is due either to snarled-up settings in individual
computers, or else a problem with the ISP. Since Theresa and Susan are using
different providers,
 my money would be on the settings snafu theory. We've all had plenty of those,
and Lord knows I've had my share â?? just not that particular one.