[muglo] Re: Cache

  • From: Bill West <wfwest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:06:13 -0700

Thanks, Theresa and Tee Cashmore for free MainMenu.

Like Theresa, my Comm-F finds nearly 5000 files called "cache" --and
finds them all in about 5 seconds --I'm impressed.    :)

PDF-X-Robot author

http://software-robotics.com/docs/PDF-X-Robot_OS_X_Maintenance.html

suggests we not use the available utilities to clean up our OSX. Just
use the Terminal commands, start up commands, and provided Disk First
Aid.

He indicates the caches we think we want to clean are in
HD/Library/Caches folder. That folder in my G3 10.3.4 --has 11 cache
files and two folders. I opened several of the cache files with
TextEdit --and each had so little on them --I don't think I need to
clean them.

But I'm delighted to hear that using MainMenu flush cache --hasn't done
any bad to your OSX --as I did hear people worry about a year ago. We
sure can use MainMenu.