[muglo] CS3 help

  • From: Mary Read <m.k.read@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MacUsers Group <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 10:26:56 -0400

Hello and help!
I accepted an auto-update to CS3 Illustrator this morning. I now
cannot save or open Photoshop documents in either CS3 or CS2. I can,
however, save and work in CS1. I am not even sure whether the update
and operational issues are related events, or if Photoshop just
decided to go AWOL as I slept. Oddly, Illustrator CS3 still works
just fine. Fingers crossed.

I've deleted anything listed as a 'preferences file' within the
Photoshop preferences folder inside my user account, and rebooted
with no effect. There are other files in the CS3 Settings folder, but
I am uneasy about deleting the wrong thing. Should I also delete the
"Color Settings.csf" file? I'm attaching a screenshot of the contents
of the preferences folder for each of CS3, 2 and 1 so you can see my
choices. Also, are there any other stray files floating around that I
could hunt down and delete?

I have two "Library" folders -- one on the main level; another within
the "Users" folder. The preferences in the main level folder haven't
been touched for weeks, so I don't imagine the problem lies there but
within the user settings. I will delete the main level prefs as well,
just to be sure.

As I am already completely convinced that a preferences overhaul will
not solve this problem (it didn't last time), can anyone suggest
another way to handle things? Preferably an interim step to creating
a whole new user ID -- which was the resolution to the problems I had
with CS2 and CS3 Illustrator a few weeks ago. Since CS1 still works,
I am not convinced that my user account is the real culprit. I
suspect Adobe and its evil minions...

I will be most grateful for any suggestions or tips,

Thank you,
Mary Read