Re: LuaJIT SciMark Intel/ARM comparison

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1208@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:45:04 +0200

Dimiter 'malkia' Stanev wrote:
> Btw, I'm not sure how easy and practical it would be, but the SBCL
> (Common Lisp) project had this tracking of performance per version
> released, or commit:

I do that internally, of course. But since I try to avoid pushing
any commits that cause regressions, the results would be a) large
and b) pretty boring, even to me.

Performance has of course increased a lot in the two and a half
years between beta1 and beta10. But it's more or less flat on
x86/x64 since beta7. The work on the architectural ports and the
FFI wouldn't show up on any of the benchmarks.