[GeoStL] Re: need help

  • From: Brian Yonke <byonke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:38:15 -0700 (PDT)

Susan

Have you determined which comm port is assigned to your new adapter? You will
need to do that and then adjust this parameter in the GSAK gps dialog. Let us
know if this doesn't help.

Brian

susan drought <cameocat24@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- Recently I bought a new computer and there is no space to plug in my RS232
cable which I use to download waypoints to my GPS.  So, then I purchased a USB
to RS232 cable. It came with cable and driver.  I downloaded driver, attached
cable, plugged in my GPS,  but when I attempt to download waypoints, I receive
this message and it will not let me download.

GPS error
Serial Port could not be opened
Error #8

Can someone please help me get this fixed?  I need to go caching.

Thanks,
Susan Drought

field