[GeoStL] interesting observation. Non-slaga related

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:11:17 -0500

-
I have been playing with the forum system for mogeo.  When I am logged in,
I can see when the google "spiders" and "web crawling bots" hit the site ,
jump from page to page indexing the various pages. It is really weird, dont
know how they figure out what to do and were to go or how the site was even
there. The bots showed up just hours after turning the thing on and they
visit often.

It has been up just a week and now  googling just on "mogeo forums"  will
get you
mogeo.forumflash.com/index.php?act=idx  that goes right to the site and it
is 3rd on the list behind 2 other mogeo pages! Pretty neat and not bad.  I
thought you had to submit something to have the google bots come visit.

Bots and spiders.... sounds like something that would come out from under a
log..

Subject field