[GeoStL] Re: gsak

  • From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:22:13 -0700

-
GSAK is most likely using IE for the browser.  I'm guessing you use Firefox or
Chrome and therefore do not hear these clicks during normal browsing.  My guess
is that you need to turn navigation sounds off for I.E.

.In Windows, click your "Start" button, then choose "Control Panel" from the
menu that pops up.
.In the Control Panel window, double-click on "Sounds, Speech and Audio
Devices."
.When the Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices window pops up, click on the "Sounds
and Audio Devices" option.
.Click on the Sounds tab, and scroll down in the Program Events pane until you
find the Windows Explorer section.
.In the Windows Explorer section, scroll down to "Start Navigation."
.Click on the "Start Navigation" item, then click on the pull-down menu under
"Sounds," and choose "None" from the list.
.Finally, click on the "OK" button to close the Sounds and Audio Devices window.

Your O/S version may be a bit different, but this may point you in the wrong
direction.

I hope this helps.

Okra.

Gary Braman