[GeoStL] Re: advanced GSAK users....

  • From: Kirk Yates <kirk.yates@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Glenn <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:26:28 -0500

-
Reply: Monday, August 2, 2004, 5:54:00 PM

I have a couple of enhancement suggestions *G* :

1) Set the GPS configuration before sending the waypoints to the GPS
2) Have the ability to work with multiple GPS of different types
3) Stop and prompt you to connect each GPS before sending the
waypoints.

I use a Magellan and a Garmin.

Sounds like a great class to take when it's available.

> -
> Besides hacking off area geocachers today, I have been teaching GSAK to do
> new tricks.

> So far this is what i figured out how to do.
> With ONE click of my  AUTOMATE GSAK icon,  GSAK will;

> Load the latest GPX file into the "Missouri" database
> Apply my "all not found <50 miles" filter then,
> It will OUTPUT a gpx file do my desktop, another copy to my PDA,  THEN
> It will load the waypoints into the GPS...  then
> It will shut itself off..

> time to get ready to go...... a few seconds.

> cool.

> glenn

Kirk Yates
Director of Data Processing