[GeoStL] Re: Winter Storm 2/21/13

  • From: Elonka Dunin <elonka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:05:29 -0600

I was caching in St. Peters, a few miles from my house. No snow at first, so I got one cache, then a second one, then I was going for a third and saw a couple snowflakes so decided to beeline back home. Within about 2 minutes it was snowing hard. Big flakes, my windshield wipers were going, ice was accumulating on the edge of the windshield, and the road was starting to be obscured by snow flurries. I was home within 10 minutes, and am glad I wasn't farther out. I'm also glad that I had to travel East to get home, so I could try and get ahead of the storm. Folks, this isn't one of those storms that starts slow and builds over hours, this is one that can go from "weather's just fine" to "get off the roads" within minutes. Be careful out there!

Elonka

On 2/21/2013 9:50 AM, Michael Rogers wrote:
Fulton...a bit over 60 miles west of Wentzville.

From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay...it is snowing pretty heavy right now and it is thundering a lot. I love this! :)

-Michael