[GeoStL] UPS's for $39 at Best Buy

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:32:43 -0600

I just got back from Best Buy in Crestwood but I assume all the stores have
them.

I bought a 585 VA UPS for 1/2 off, so they are $39. New in boxes, not demos or
returns. There are 3 surge protected outlets and 3 battery/surge protected
outlets. It will power a 17" monitor and CPU for 15-19 minutes before it starts
beeping due to a power loss and gives you time to shut down. There is also
software that connects the UPS to a serial port so it will automatically save
and shut down any open programs before shutting down the PC. It also has a
surge protector for the phone line modem.