[GeoStL] Re: Thanks and be Armed

  • From: "tklnhl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:12:49 -0500

-
Being armed ..  the people on the gc.com forums are, at the very least, at
times --   trolls.. some, at times, are  borderline freaks. Keep reading,
and I think you'll see that some of them post just to keep  the conversation
going so they can make fun of the "newbies". If you look at the original
post dates on some of those long weird threads, they have been going on for
more than a couple of months, some have more than a year life span, and a
few over two YEARS  -- yes really.

Our family has not cached in a lot of different cities/areas, but from
reading those forums and looking at other cachers' logs, I think it's safe
to say that 99% of the cache placers here go out of their way to be very
conscientious in cache placement -- nothing under dumpster lids, in light
poles, electrical boxes etc. Also, a lot probably has to do with the cache
approver (you might have met one of them here .. right now he's having a bit
of a personal problem that Boudreaux is going to help with) not just giving
a blanket stamp of approval on things, but encouraging a "real" cache in a
real spot.  I get the impression that not all approvers are like that
either.

When you see some of the posts from someone claiming to be totin' heat, read
some of his (I'll of course assume male here :+P ) logs and then some of the
cache descriptions -- when they start talking about the concrete parking
curbs and light poles in Wal-Mart parking lots; or unusual behavior of
noncachers in the woods, then you know these cachers are not caching in the
same kind of environment that has developed here.

Nancy