[GeoStL] "TRI-STATE CACHE DASH"

  • From: Eric & Dayna East <lichanura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:32:37 -0600

I placed this cache yesturday. I know it's a long drive but, I think
it'll be worth the drive. What do you think?

God bless!

Eric

Title: Cache: (GCC29C) TRI-STATE CACHE DASH by Believer

you are logged in logout
home
about
Hide and Seek a cache
Track Travel Bugs
my cache page
discuss
links and downloads

Geocaching Gear

Contact Us

Multi-Cache
log this cache
watch this cache
edit this cache
upload images
archive this cache

1 account(s) watching this cache.

TRI-STATE CACHE DASH
[Click to temporarily disable]

by Believer [profile]

N 40° 00.288 W 091° 31.233 (WGS84)
UTM: 15T E 626279 N 4429338
or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

also download nearest placenames.
Need help? Read about EasyGPS

In Missouri, United States [state map]
Hidden: 1/11/2003
Use waypoint: GCC29C (what's this?)
Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

Note:To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
Difficulty:  ***  Terrain: *

This is a "MULTI-STATE" multi-cache. You will visit Missouri, Iowa & Illinois before finding the final cache.

This cache was designed to serve 3 purposes and I believe i've accomplished them all. I have rated it a 3 only because of the driving involved. From the 1st to the last leg of the cache my GPSr's trip odometer registered 73.7 miles! None of the sites are harder than a 1.5

First and most importantly, it was designed for families with children. All of the cache sites are easy finds in areas suitable for picnicing. The first 2 sites have playgrounds for the children & the 3rd site has an animal park near by.

secondly, I wanted to do something different. I doubt there are any other caches out there requireing the hunter to go to multiple states! :-)

Finally, I wanted to set up a cache that actually had some worth while items for trading.

The listed coordinates are for the 1st leg of this cache, which is a micro cache (white film canister) located in Wakonda State Park near La Grange, Mo. Bring your lunch and a fishing pole. The cache contains only the coordinates to the 2nd leg of the cache.

The second leg of the cache is about 30 miles north, in Keokuk, Iowa, and is located in a river front park. It too is a white film canister containing only the coords for the final cache. I didn't want it to be easily seen so, it's pushed deep into it's hiding spot so, you'll need a stick to get it out. Please place it back as you found it. This is a very neat area I believe you'll truly enjoy your time here!

The 3rd and final cache is about 30 miles south, in Quincy, Illinois, and is located on the Illinois Veterans Home property. God bless our Veterans!! Say hello to a resident while there, it will likely make their day! There are several monuments & various sites to see while here. The kids will love the deer park! Bring a stale loaf of bread or bag of chips to feed the animals. The cache is a clear rubber maid type container with a white lid.
The original contents were:

1) $5.00 pre-paid phone card
2) $10.00 pre-paid gas card
3) 5 Burger King gift certificates (Take them all)
4) 2 Passes to Backwaters night club (Take both)
5 $20.00 gift certificate to Lake View Restaraunt

PLEASE TAKE ONLY 1 ITEM, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. ALSO, IF YOU TAKE AN ITEM PLEASE LEAVE SOMETHING OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE. BE SURE TO NOTE WHAT YOU TAKE AND LEAVE SO I CAN KEEP THE LIST CURRENT. THANK YOU!

The current contents are:

Same as above.

Enjoy the hunt & may God bless you!

Believer & family

Additional Hints (No hints available)

Find...
...other caches hidden or found by this user
...nearby caches
...nearby placenames
...nearby benchmarks

For online maps...
MapQuest Maps (BEST)

Topo Zone - topographical maps
(Site uses a different datum so coordinates may be off)
Microsoft Terra Server
- satellite photos
Yahoo! Maps

Logged Visits (No Logs. Found It? Log it!)

Cache find counts are based on the last time the page generated.

Last Generated: 1/12/2003 2:32:48 PM (GMT)
Render Method: Not Cached
Last Updated: 1/11/2003 4:56:39 PM
Last Visit:
Approved By: erik88l-r
Current Internet Time: 1/12/2003 @648.28

[Main] [About Geocaching]
[Hide a Cache] [Seek a Cache] [My Cache Page]
[Links] [Discuss Geocaching]
Copyright© 2000-2002 Groundspeak.
Read our Geocaching Logo Usage Guidelines