[GeoStL] Re: St. L. County parks caches

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:32:03 -0600

-
Terrific work Rich, your level headed wisdom and experience are just what we need around here. After all, thats why you are the minister of public relations. :-) I surely would hope no one would go mess things up and ruin the relations ships you have built up with these folks.

Thanks again,

glenn
the mail man.

At 03:53 PM 1/16/2003 -0600, GC-RGS wrote:
I met with Justin Hirsch, Special Events coordinator for the County Parks today. I wanted to find out how they are responding to the caches in the parks and if there are any problems.

He said that after I had talked to him in November, he checked the website for caches that were in the parks and was surprised there were so many, but it's no problem.

So, this is what we arrived at and this is what we need to do for him. There will be no forms to fill out, no approval or waiting period, and no limit on caches or time limits for placement. Things are really like they have been but now we have "blanket" approval, within reason.

What he wants is a list of caches in park order, the coordinates, type of container, and a sentence or two of the exact placement, in case it is found or needs to be found. That will be given to the rangers or those responsible for that park(s). I thought we could also give him the date it was placed, WP's of multi's if they contain something besides the next WP, and notes as needed.

If each of you that have caches in the county parks could just send me the info he needs and I'll compile the list and email it to him. For caches that weren't placed by SLAGA members, I'll add those to my list with the info I remember.

I'd like to send him something by the end of next week. He's only interested in the St. L. County parks, not the local city parks, state parks, conservation areas, etc. I'll also find out what should be done about new caches placed after he receives the list, I.E. should each cache owner send him an email with the location or should I (or someone) be the contact for all the caches.

As a bonus I could probably sell this list for a small fee. :-)

Rich