[GeoStL] Re: Serious input needed

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:02:33 -0600

We are looking for a new webmaster: Apply at: WebmasterTransition@xxxxxxxxxx

All the pieces make for a nice overall website but I think we all agree that
the "recent logs" is what makes the site stand out.

Since Paul has the JavaScript and the CCS (cascading stylesheets) made up
and working, we can hopefully continue that layout and add/delete HTML data
on the pages as needed. I know he has a template with the required code for
the Java and CCS so we can create new pages also.

The most important thing we must do before anyone changes even one character
on a page is to download (FTP) that page and save it before a change is
made. Then make the change(s) and FTP the page back up and see if it looks
correct. Just one "<" missing or in the wrong place can render the page
unreadable. If it's not obvious what the error is, the original page can be
FTP'd to get back to square one. Viewing the page locally can look different
than it does when looking at it on geostl.com.