[GeoStL] Re: Recommendation needed

  • From: Budlvr40@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:07:45 EST

Great tip about hunting season people!  While I am not an active deer hunter,
past experience tells me to pass along the following for the safety and
enjoyment of the outdoors by all:         IF YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE
WOODS--------
  : DO NOT START CACHEING IN THE WOODS AT OR NEAR DAYBREAK!!   ALSO, BE GONE
IF YOU CAN BY DUSK
  : WEAR BRIGHTLY COLORED CLOTHING,  colors; white is a NONO!!!!
  As far as noise goes, to be very loud would be detrimental to hunters, but
you don't want to be completely quiet either--  If in a group, keep up a
normal tone of conversation, it lets a hunter know what is down the path or
around the bend;
  If you are caching alone, I think a small transistor radio tuned to a music
station would be safe and acceptable, hang it around your neck or at least
outside your clothing, point it foward, medium volume.
         Good luck to all
                                      Bud

budlvr40