[GeoStL] New Years Day Alternative

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 21:24:37 -0600

-
Those who are going on the LaBarque trip will have a great time. I have been to those caches 3 times, many others have too, and I can tell you that the beauty of the place is unparallel to anything around here.

Those who have been multiple times, I offer an alternative. I would like to do Wet Feet and River Glade caches south of Lake of the Ozarks. I plan on leaving early on News Year day, perhaps 5 am, I don't drink so no biggie, and doing both caches the same day. Wet feet will depend on the river level but I understand it is down right now. You will need waders or construction grade trash bags for the river crossing. It is shallow in parts but you will still need 12" of coverage.

If anyone is interested in splitting the cost of fuel for the day, I would love to have you join me. I will also hit several caches on the way back. I plan to be back around 7pm on the 1st.

Caches are - GCGVN7 and GCH45Y

Let me know if you are interested in going. I have room for 2 cachers.

Mike
Brawny Bear