[GeoStL] Re: Need to know...

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:22:09 -0600

Wouldn't be this unit would it???? I would like to assist anyway I can with BSA
and Geocaching. After all, I have been a registered scout leader for over 10
years now. I need to know if there is camping in Route 66 or Lone Elk?? I see
that Babler has 3 caches and Cuivre River has 2. I would like to point this
unit below to an area that has 5 or 6 caches where they could camp and hunt
caches without hunting.

Let me know your suggestions..

Mike
The Brawny Bear

Mike,
Our Troop has decided to do a campout in March 2004 and use the weekend
geocaching.  I originally was thinking of a day type outing, possibly Busch
Wildlife, but they want to do a camping wekend.  A few of our adult leaders
seemed eager to purchase a GPS unit to add to their personal gadget
collections, so I don't think that geting access to GPS units will be an issue.
 Any suggestions to a park that allows camping and contains caches for the boys
to look for?  Is there any possibility that someone from SLAGA would be willing
to put on a presentation for the boys explaining geocaching and to the adult
leaders on what to look for in a GPS?  Our Troop meets on Monday evenings at
Castilio Elementary School which is located near Dingledine and Towers road.

Regards,
Mark Bockerstett