[GeoStL] Re: NGR_Window replacements

  • From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:33:50 -0500

-
DON'T go with Thomas Construction.

We called a few companies out to get an estimate on our house.  We
advised the Thomas salesman ahead of time that I would not be present,
but Elayne would be.  He was to arrive at 4:45pm.  He called at 4:50pm
and said he was running late due to traffic on I-270 near 367 (Dad
said there was no traffic when he arrived 5 minutes later -- he came
from I-70 to our exit).  When he arrived, he walked in, didn't
introduce himself, and asked to use our restroom.  After coming out,
he asked where I was and Elayne informed (again) that I wasn't able to
be there.  He said "Thanks" and walked out of the house.

After that, we received at least 1 call a week from them to try and
sell us something.  When we asked the estimator to come out, we were
told that there would be no other solicitation calls.

We had gotten a few other estimates, but I couldn't tell you who was
friendly and/or had the best rates.  Our estimates were good for 14
days, and it's been 3-5 months.

Andrew (yawetag)

--
Andrew Senger